The geographic location of the estate is ideal to satisfy everyone’s needs
- Towns of artistic interest: the medieval town of Pietrasanta, with its artist studios, is located 10 km away; Lucca, the Pearl of Tuscany, 15 km; Pisa with its leaning tower 20 km; Florence less than an hour of motorway; Siena, Volterra and San Gimignano can be visited together, on a one-day trip.
The coast, which can be seen from the garden for an extension of
more than 40 km ranging from the island of Tino as far as the port
of Livorno, is 6 km away and offers sandy beaches, both in elegant
bathing establishments and free in long stretches, with dunes,
pine trees and Mediterranean bushes.
Lerici (50 km), Portovenere and Cinque Terre can be a destination for a one-day trip.
Besides, during the summer months, from the port of Viareggio boat excursions are organized towards the Cinque Terre, the isle of Capraia and the isle of Elba. It is also possible to take a trip out to sea on sailing boats, looking for dolphins, or on fishing boats, for fishing tourism.
- Hills: all around you can admire picturesque hills, with characteristic villages (Mommio Castle, Corsanico, Gualdo, etc) and medieval churches (Pieve a Elici, Badia di Camaiore, etc).
- Mountains: the Apuan Alps, besides the possibility to visit the majestic marble quarries (Colonnata, Fantiscritti) and the deep Karst caves (Cave of the winds, Cavern of the Corchia), also offer numerous trails and shelters for walks of varying length and difficulty.
- Nature: nearby are three natural parks: Marine of Migliarino-San Rossore, with its high pine forests and sand dunes, the mountains of the Apuan Alps, and the oasi naturistica of Lake Massaciuccoli, which offers the possibility to observe several species of water birds, to make boat excursions and to visit the lake, hiring a kayak on the spot. Pleasant walks both on the plain and on the hills are also possible on trails marked by the Comune di Massarosa.
- Music: the Festival Pucciniano is held in Torre del Lago in July and August, with different repertoires each year, Classical Music Festivals are held in summer in the Basilica of Corsanico and in the charming little Church of Pieve a Elici.
- Glamour and Fun: numerous meeting rooms,
pubs and discos in Versilia offer the possibility to spend pleasant
evenings, enlivened by music and attractions for all tastes. Village
Fairs and festivals take place everywhere, both in small towns
and in the most important locations. Shopping opportunities ranging
from the fashionable shops of Viareggio and Forte dei Marmi, markets
that are held weekly at different locations.
- Carnival: in January and February takes place then the famous Carnevale di Viareggio ,with parades of floats and local parties.
Throughout the year, at the Citadel of the Carnival, you can visit the Museum of the Carnival, where they display some of the most beautiful achievements and you can get information about the methods by which, with papier-mâché, glues and other materials you create characters and allegories of floats and works that set them in motion.